Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Flabby Fat and Lazy!!

Ok so I'm going to piggyback off of my sister's post here and say it's officially time for the Hotalens to start getting back in shape. Question: What happens when you take two college soccer players, throw 'em off the field, get 'em hitched, and plop them into desk jobs? Answer: they gain 20 pounds and painfully pasty skin. So that's where we are - two former athletes who still want to eat like we're running 4 miles a day or so and are suffering the consequences.

We're not so thrilled with our less-than-toned selves (and I have no pregnancies to blame it on, unlike my sister) so it's time to do something about it. Jamie and I started a Biggest Loser challenge a month or so ago thinking we could both lose 15-20 pounds by eating healthier and adding some exercise into our routines. Unfortunately, taking a short jog in the morning and walking each evening and counting calories has resulted in both of us losing about 2 pounds in the past 4 or 5 weeks. Not exactly what we were hoping for. So it's time to kick it into high gear! Tonight I'm hitting Wal-Mart and finding me some books/dvds to make the next 30 days get skinny days! I'll let you know what I find and, 30 days from now, how it worked for us.

Family, when you see Jamie and I in Wisconsin in August, hopefully there will be a lot less of us to see!!

My goal is to get to a weight BEFORE we have kids that I'll want to get back to AFTER we have kids!! I don't want to start working out after my first baby is born saying, "Well if I could just lose the baby weight PLUS that 15 pounds I never lost before getting pregnant, I'll be happy!"

In the coming weeks, look for a thrilling post called, "Body Image: Why are we NEVER Satisfied?" HAHA



Hello Skinny Hotalens. You are greatly missed. Please come back.

8 comments:

Cyndee said...

You guys up for a biggest loser challenge? If we can get S&G in, we can challenge each other. Ten dollars to enter. Winner take all. Weigh in the first day at G&G's. (That way we can eat like pigs the rest of the time!!)

Shannon said...

I'm in. Are we talking % lost or amount? and when is our starting weight from?

Cyndee said...

I think we should be like the show and do it in percentages. That seems fairest. Dad and I were going to go by this past Monday, but we realize that you and George had already started and may want to go by your starting weights. If you do, that's fine. We're not scared of you.... (Well, actually we are, but we're up for the challenge!) :-)

Joel said...

Um, can I play? I need to know now so I can gauge when I need to just give up eating altogether. The cash is totally worth the malnouishment. Plus it's totally easier than working out.

Cyndee said...

Of course you can play, Joel!

Shannon said...

Yeah, I'd like to go from my starting weight b/c I lost some that first week but the second week wasn't as good. My starting weight was 153lbs George's was 179.

I think everyone should report their starting weight so no one can add weight at the end when they see they aren't winning:)

Cyndee said...

okay....being real...right here in cyberspace....
My starting weight was 135.
Dad's was 239.9

Now we'd better get serious!

Anonymous said...

suggestion: T-Tapp. www.t-tapp.com (org?) great program. :-)